"Stranger in a Strange Land" is the Emmy and Golden Globe award-winning 9th episode of season 3 of Lost. Jack confronts the Others and demands they keep Juliet alive, hoping to get laid. In flashbacks, Jack gets laid. And gets tattoos.
Jack is in Thailand and meets Bai Ling. They have sex. Jack gets tattoos.
On the IslandEdit
Locked in his polar bear cage, Jack remembers Kate and Sawyer once got their thang on in this same cage. Jack drops his pants and prepares to detonate his dynamite when Cindy and the other kidnapped people from flight 815 arrive to "watch." Jack is disturbed and confronts Tom Friendly, who admits he put them up to it. Jack also learns Juliet is being put on trial for killing Pickett, a beloved member of the Others. Jack demands that Ben and his butch defense attorney Isabel spare Juliet's life. They agree to do so and Jack and Juliet have sex in the cage. In his hospital bed, Ben starts grinning at the devious deal he has just made--he neglected to tell Jack that the Others gave Juliet an STD.
Awards and nominationsEdit
Widely considered to be the greatest episode of Lost ever, "Stranger in a Strange Land" was nominated for and won several awards, including:
- Emmy Award for Best Episode of a Drama TV Series That Takes Place on an Island (Won)
- Golden Globe Award for Best 42 Minutes of Television (Won)
- Saturn Award for Greatest TV Show Episode Ever (Won)
- Academy Award for Lifetime Achievement in Television Production (Nominated; lost to Heroes season 2)
- Juliet is put on trial for murdering the most beloved member of the Others. (Crimes)
- Jack and Juliet have sex in the same polar bear cage as Kate and Sawyer. (Juxtaposition)
- Ben secretly reveals he gave Juliet an STD. (Deceptions and cons) (Cliffhanger)
- Why were the Others going to watch Jack "relieve" himself?
- What STD did the Others give Juliet, and who gave it to her?